Monday, July 30, 2012

The Calling by Kelley Armstrong

Title: The Calling (Book two)
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Pages: 326
Level: Young Adult
Published: April 10, 2012

Synopsis (from Goodreads): Maya Delaney's paw-print birthmark is the mark of what she truly is -a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly everyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it's only a matter of time before she's able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents.

Now Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they're kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home.

Review: 


I was beyond excited for this book to be published. After waiting, god knows how patiently after that awful cliff-hanger, I nearly peed my pants when I saw The Calling sitting all lonely like on a shelf at the library. It nearly called my name.... Get it? Cuz you know its called The Calling and you know whatever, that was really bad....


Anyways, I started reading it and I just wasn't pulled into the story like I was with the first book. Or called into the story... Okay, I really need to stop but I just can't help myself. 


The Calling was just too predictable. I wasn't on the edge of my seat like I usually am with Armstrong's books. 


On the bright side, Kelley is blending her two young adult series with the third book of the trilogy. Now that I'm excited for. 


Cover: 3/5
Character Rating 3/5
Style: 4/5
Development: 3/5
Overall:
***.5

(Just cuz I'm nice ^.^)

1 comment:

  1. I really love the cover on this book and I can't wait to meet Kelly!! anyways just thought I should let you know that you won an award on my blog :) here's the link to the post congrats!!
    http://faroofthedark.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.
Beeeeeeeep.